Researchproject: Ordering Christian Identity - Thomas Aquinas
The research-project of the institute 'Ordering Christian Identity - Thomas Aquinas' is part of the research program of Tilburg School of Theology: Christian identity.
The project investigates the ways in which Thomas Aquinas’s philosophy and theology order and formulate Christian identity and thereby constitute a principal source for subsequent tradition. Principal areas are metaphysics and belief in God, soteriology, and theological anthropology. The questions this research addresses, aim to build up a historically, philosophically and theologically sound interpretation of the thought of Thomas Aquinas, to put this interpretation in historical perspective, and to formulate its relevance for contemporary discussions on Christian identity. An approach is chosen which builds on a more general and innovative interpretation of Thomas which was developed by the Thomas Institute during the years past.
- Dr. Harm J.M.J. Goris: Nature and Grace. The relation between Nature and Grace in the Theological Anthropology of Thomas Aquinas
- Dr. Henk J.M. Schoot: Christology and Soteriology
- Prof. dr. Rudi te Velde: Metaphysics and Subjectivity
- Stefan Mangnus: 'Ut credentes vitam habeatis'. Faith in Thomas Aquinas' In Ioannem
- Frank Steijger: God's Hidden Presence in the Sacrament of the Eucharist
- Syds Wiersma: The Pugio Fidei by Raimundus Martini (1220-1284)
- H.J.M.J. Goris, Steering Clear of Charybdis: Some Directions for Avoiding ‘Grace Extrinsicism’ in Aquinas. In: Nova et Vetera, English Edition, 5 (2007), pp. 67-79.
- H.W.M. Rikhof, Thomas on Divine Adoption. In: H. Goris, H. Rikhof, H. Schoot (eds.), Divine Transcendence and Immanence in the Work of Thomas Aquinas (Publications of the Thomas Instituut te Utrecht, 13), Leuven-Walpole MA: Peeters 2009, pp. 163-193.
- H.J.M. Schoot, Divine transcendence and the mystery of salvation according to Thomas Aquinas. In: H. Goris, H. Rikhof, H. Schoot (eds.), Divine Transcendence and Immanence in the Work of Thomas Aquinas (Publications of the Thomas Instituut te Utrecht, 13), Leuven-Walpole MA: Peeters 2009, pp. 255-281.
- R.A. te Velde, Aquinas on God. The 'Divine Science' of the Summa, Theologiae, Aldershot: Ashgate 2006.